This is the official blog for USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71). TR is the namesake aircraft carrier of former President Theodore Roosevelt. This page is for crewmembers, families, and fans.
USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71) is a key element of our country’s forward-deployed defense strategy. Tasked with maintaining open sea lanes of trade and communications, TR is capable of projecting air superiority to all points of the globe.
The embarked Carrier Air Wing aircraft serve as outstanding instruments of peace. Anytime and anywhere TR reports for duty, she brings 4.5 acres of sovereign U.S. territory and 97,000 tons of diplomacy.
TR’s equipment and crew are always maintained at the highest state of readiness. This enables the ship to carry out a wide variety of missions, including: air warfare, strike warfare, surface warfare, undersea warfare and electronic warfare. TR also shares the task of replenishing ships at sea and performing a variety of non-combat missions, such as rescues at sea of people in distress and the transport of refugees and others in need of help.
People make TR more than a mere mass of steel, cables and pipes. She is a floating city of 5,500 professional Sailors from every state in the Union. It is the veteran Sailor with gold on his dress blues and the young 17-year old, away from home for the first time, who provide TR with heart and soul.
Leadership, training and professionalism blend each of these individual personalities toward one goal … being ready to exercise the power of TR in support of the “Forward Presence” mission of the U.S. Navy.
Welcome to the USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71)’s blog sponsored by the USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71). This page is intended to provide updated information and discussion on the USS Theodore Roosevelt. Please visit our official homepage at http://www.Roosevelt.navy.mil.
While this is an open forum, it’s also a family friendly one, so please keep your comments and wall posts clean. In addition to keeping it family friendly, we ask that you follow our posting guidelines here. Comments and posts that do not follow these guidelines will be removed:
– We do not allow graphic, obscene, explicit or racial comments or submissions nor do we allow comments that are abusive, hateful or intended to defame anyone or any organization.
– We do not allow solicitations or advertisements. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency. Similarly, we do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency.
– We do not allow comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
– Apparent spam will be removed and may cause the author(s) to be blocked from page without notice.
– You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
– For Official Use Only (FOUO), classified, pre-decisional, proprietary or business-sensitive information should never be discussed here. Don’t post personnel lists, rosters, organization charts or directories. This is a violation of privacy.
The appearance of external links on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the U.S. Navy or Department of Defense.
You are encouraged to quote, republish or share any content on this page on your own blog, Web site or other communication/publication. If you do so, please credit the command or the person who authored the content as a courtesy (photo or article byline can be U.S. Navy or MC2 Joe Smith, for example).
Thank you for your interest in and support of the men and women of the USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71).
For more information visit the DoD Social Media user agreement at: http://www.defense.gov/socialmedia/user-agreement.aspx.